Denver Property Damage Lawyer

Denver property damage lawyer

When you are injured in a car accident, it’s almost inevitable that your vehicle will suffer various types of damage. Getting car repairs – or buying a replacement vehicle – can be genuinely aggravating and costly, especially if you have to do it while you’re recovering from an injury. Fortunately, most property damages in traffic collisions are usually covered by insurance. If you need any assistance with insurance paperwork in Colorado, or if for any reason an insurance company is failing to pay you, has denied your request, or delaying payment, contact an experienced personal injury attorney with the Denver-based law firm of Norton and Bowers, P.C. as quickly as possible. Our Denver property damage lawyers will help you to understand fully your legal rights and options regarding property damages.


If you were involved in a car accident and notice that your vehicle has been damaged, it’s important to act quickly so you are compensated in full. First, call the authorities so they can come to the scene of the accident and file a police report. This police report is used to determine legal liability and will be useful when you file your insurance claim for property damage later.

Be sure to get the contact information from the other parties involved, as well as any witnesses who were on the scene. If you can, ask the witnesses for a brief description of what they saw and jot it down. It’s important that you ask witnesses as much as you can at the scene of the accident, since memories fade over time and their story could easily shift as the days go by. Ask the other motorists for their insurance information as well so you can file a claim for property damage if the other motorist was at fault.

Then, it’s important to document all evidence at the scene of the accident. Take photographs of your damaged property, as well as the other cars involved and the location of the accident. Be sure to take a picture of your property damage from every side. Don’t take one shot that shows the entire car, take multiple pictures focusing on each side of the vehicle. If there were any traffic signs, lights or visual obstructions, document these as well. All of this will be helpful when the insurance company has to decide who was at fault. It may not seem fair, but remember, insurance companies do not have to agree with police reports. If the police report finds that one driver was at fault, insurance companies may argue that based on their investigation, the other person driving was actually was at fault.

As soon as possible, contact an experienced Denver property damage lawyer at Norton and Bowers, P.C. to protect your rights and help you recover compensation. Don’t speak to the other parties’ insurance companies about the accident until you have spoken to an accident attorney. These insurance companies do not have your best interest in mind, so never speak to them without consulting with an attorney first.

If the other party is found to be at fault, you must file a claim with their insurance company as the first step towards reaching a settlement. Sometimes, cars are so badly damaged that they cannot be driven until they are repaired. In these cases, ask the at fault party’s insurance company if they can provide you with a rental car until your vehicle is fully repaired.


In any Colorado auto crash, if the other driver was at fault, his or her insurance should cover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle. After an accident, the insurance company can choose to either repair the damages on your car or “total” your car, meaning the car is considered a complete loss. In these situations, you should receive a cash sum for the value of your vehicle from the insurance company. Insurance companies will total your car if the cost of repairing the damages exceeds a specific percentage of your car’s total worth. Some people may choose to keep their cars even if the insurance company has deemed it as totaled. In this situation, you can ask to keep the car, however the insurance company will give you a lesser cash amount based on how much they expected to earn from your car at the salvage yard.

Colorado drivers are required to carry liability insurance to cover physical injuries and property damages, so you should be able to make a claim and be compensated fairly. In the event that the at-fault driver had no insurance, you may be able to make claims through criminal restitution or victim’s compensation. If you have uninsured motorist coverage, your insurance policy may help you pay for the damages, however it’s important to check with them about whether or not you’re situation applies. We can explain these options to you.

If you were at fault, you might still get some relief for your property damage from your own insurance carrier. If you have collision coverage, your insurance should pay for vehicle repair or replacement without regard to fault. If your car was seriously damaged or destroyed in a crash, you might have injuries that you didn’t realize at the time. After any serious collision, seek medical attention immediately, then contact Norton and Bowers, P.C. We will help you understand and pursue your legal options regarding property damages or personal injuries.


Our attorneys have years of experience representing clients in a variety of cases, including those involving motorcycle accidents, construction accidents, pedestrian accidents, insurance bad faith claims, and motor vehicle collisions. If you are in need of representation or legal advice, rely on our attorneys to fight for your rights and achieve the best possible result for your case. Don’t wait any longer to get the legal services and resources you need–contact us today.

Norton and Bowers, P.C. serves clients on a contingency fee basis. If our team of local Denver property damage lawyers accepts your case, there is generally no attorney’s fee until you recover. If your property has been damaged or if you’ve been injured because of someone else’s negligence in Denver or anywhere in the state of Colorado, please call us promptly at 303-400-8100 or fill out the form on this site to arrange a free consultation. You’ll be able to speak directly to an attorney about your case. Offsite, weekend, and evening appointments are also available for your free case evaluation. If you’ve been injured or if your property has been damaged in Colorado because of someone else’s negligence, let Norton and Bowers, P.C. go to work for you as quickly as possible.

Client Testimonials

More Testimonials