How to Report Nursing Home Abuse in Colorado

If you know that your loved one is being neglected or abused in a nursing home, you must report this abuse. You can file a report in a number of ways.

– You can file a complaint with the State Long-Term Care Ombudsman for Denver.
– You can also file a complaint with the Division of Aging and Adult Services at the Office on Aging.
– Get in touch with the Colorado Department of Health And Environment, Health Facilities Division,

Filing a complaint may result in investigations against the nursing home in question. If state agencies find that state laws or federal laws have been violated, criminal investigations could actually commence. The facility could even be cited or fined.

However, none of these will result in compensation for your loved one’s losses as a result of the abuse. For that, it is important to file a civil claim against the nursing home. That claim is separate from any report that you may file against the nursing home.

For help filing a claim to recover damages for nursing home abuse in Denver, speak to a Denver nursing home abuse lawyer. A claim will name the nursing home, and will recover damages for medical expenses, pain and suffering, mental trauma, and other types of damages. Remember that your loved one may also be in need of further hospitalization, or psychological treatment after suffering the abuse. All this is bound to be expensive.

Schedule a consultation with a Denver nursing home abuse lawyer, and discuss your claim.

By: Dallas Norton

Dallas Norton, the founding partner of Norton & Bowers, has practiced law with a focus on personal injury since 1992. Mr. Norton has extensive Colorado roots including grade school in Arvada and high school in Denver. He earned his J.D. from Brigham Young University Law School in 1991. When working on behalf of clients, Mr. Norton draws upon his extensive background in psychology and human resources.