Can I File a Car Accident Claim against the Other Motorist in My Accident?

Colorado has “fault” insurance laws, that allow motorists more than one option to recover compensation when they have been involved in an accident. If you were involved in an accident in Colorado, you may have more than one option to recover compensation.

You can go ahead and recover compensation from your own insurance company. However, if your injuries have been very severe, you can go ahead and file a lawsuit against the other motorist involved in your accident.

If you have been involved in a minor accident, with no injuries, and some minor damage to your car, you could possibly handle that claim on your own. However, in those cases, where your accident has resulted in injuries, damage to your car, or if the insurer of the other motorist is claiming that you were liable in the accident, you may need legal help. Speak to a Denver car accident lawyer for help filing a personal injury claim to recover damages. Also talk to an attorney if your own insurance company denies your accident claim, or fails to offer you a sufficient settlement.

A personal injury claim can help you recover damages for medical expenses incurred in the treatment of your injuries, pain and suffering, disability, lost income, and other damages that you may have suffered as a result of injury. Schedule a free evaluation of your case with a Denver car accident lawyer today.

By: Dallas Norton

Dallas Norton, the founding partner of Norton & Bowers, has practiced law with a focus on personal injury since 1992. Mr. Norton has extensive Colorado roots including grade school in Arvada and high school in Denver. He earned his J.D. from Brigham Young University Law School in 1991. When working on behalf of clients, Mr. Norton draws upon his extensive background in psychology and human resources.